Our price is an estimate. Final pricing is based on the templates or site dimensions.
We give the best estimate at the time of sale. This depends on material availability and factory conditions.
We endeavor to produce your order as quickly as possible without compromising quality. Our company policy is installation 3-14 working days from the template.
TEMPLATING/PREPARATION PRIOR TO TEMPLATING
We expects sites to be ready for templating. If worktops are being templated, cabinets should be fixed firm and level in final positions, all surface should be cleared prior to the template.
All appliances such as sinks, hobs, taps, soap dispensers, or other items which require cut outs, should be on-site available for measuring.
Any additional templating/measuring visits required due to the site not being ready will occur an additional charge.
TEMPLATING AND INSTALLATION
We will template and install on agreed dates. Exact times are very difficult to agree, due to the nature of the work and traffic conditions.
We will, however, keep in touch and call shortly ahead of our visit where requested/agreed.
Any return visits due to lack of access preparation on the customer’s behalf will be chargeable.
VIEWING AND APPROVING YOUR SLABS
If there are any concerns due to natural variation, we recommend that you view your material prior to cutting.
Any material chosen from other suppliers must be viewed and approved prior to our ordering on your behalf and bringing into our stock.
REMOVAL OF OLD WORKTOPS
This must be carried out by others and surfaces prepared ready to receive the stone. We can price for this work through sub-contractors if necessary.
PLUMBING/ELECTRICS/PLYWOODS AND OTHER SERVICES
We do not offer plumbing or electrical services.
All de-plumbing should be carried out prior to our attendance and re-plumbing afterward.
Any holes which need drilling, for ex; tap holes should be marked or agreed during our site visit.
Nonstone services required such as marine plywood for support or build ups should be prepared by others(we do not do it).
Re-visits due to canceled appointments for additional work of this nature is chargeable.
We expect orders of less than 1,000 pounds to be paid in full at the order stage. Over 1,000 pounds we expect a 50% deposit and the balance on completion. Payment MUST be made on the day of completion or additional charges will occur.
We guarantee the quality of our workmanship in terms of the supply and installation to British and Stone Federation standards.
The stone itself, a natural product, apart from some man-made quartz composite stone does not carry guarantees, which are deemed necessary.
All quartz warranty’s vary depending on the company and any faults or queries we will deal with on behalf of our customer.
Installation Instructions for builders
- • All cupboards should be leveled as far as possible.
- • A metal bar (5mm thick) or wooden baton should be inserted at the front and back of the cupboard containing the hob cut-out and over-mounted sinks, onto which the granite can be glued, to provide extra support for the strip of granite at the front.
- • Any void spaces for appliances should have a baton put on the wall at the back to support the back of the granite.
- • All worktops (temporary or laminate) should be removed and hobs/ sinks/ taps removed and disconnected ready for the granite to be placed on top.
- • Access should be clear and the ground even to prevent injuries and breakage when the granite is being carried into the kitchen.
- • The cupboards containing the sink and hob should have any impending wood trimmed back to accept the hob or sink.
- • Undermounted sinks should be supported with batons or shelves to take the weight of the sink when full of water.
- • All cupboards should be firm and screwed to each other as well as the wall.
- • Platforms for islands/ peninsulas should be securely built ready to accept the granite onto their surface. Supporting legs should be used where appropriate and screwed into this shelf.
- • You or your authorized representative must be present to walk the templates through your requirements when they first arrive. ALL CUPBOARDS MUST BE CLEARED AND OLD SINKS/HOBS/WORKTOPS REMOVED FOR TEMPLATING. You will be required to sign off that the templates meet your requirements and no claim will be accepted subsequently should you change your mind after fitting.
Failure to follow these instructions, or to provide at least one week’s notice of cancellation, may result in a cancellation and re-booking fee being levied if we are unable to complete the installation on the specified date.